Monday 31 December 2012

Karl Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura Prestigious Bordeaux Palette

eyeshadow palette, eyeshadow, Shu Uemura, Karl Lagerfeld, Shu Uemura prestigious Bordeaux palette

Unless a lottery win is on the horizon I doubt I'll be purchasing any Lagerfeld designs anytime soon, so when the Lagerfeld for Shu Uemura collection was released I had to have it! 

eyeshadow palette, eyeshadow, Shu Uemura, Karl Lagerfeld, prestigious Bordeaux palette

This little beauty caught my eye immediately, however being a mother with Christmas presents to buy I couldn't justify the purchase and had fingers crossed it would still be available afterwards. 
Well imagine my elation when browsing through the Selfridges online sale and coming across the object of my affections for.....wait for it.....HALF PRICE!!  Well I shimmyed my onesie clad booty round the living room doing a rendition of the Birdy Song then promptly made my purchase before it was sold out which I now believe it has as I can't find it on the website.

eyeshadow palette, eyeshadow, Shu Uemura, Karl Lagerfeld, prestigious Bordeaux palette

eyeshadow palette, eyeshadow, Shu Uemura, Karl Lagerfeld, prestigious Bordeaux palette


The packaging is beautiful and totally unique, exactly what you would expect from two such prestigious names. Lagerfeld and Shu Uemura were close friends. Lagerfeld has used Shu Uemura shadows for 20yrs to sketch his designs claiming them 'better than pastels' a statement I totally agree with. I don't feel i'm articulate enough to describe just how amazing the texture and pigment of these shadows are. I swatched them with my fingertips and I would liken the sensation to the feel of pure silk. I barely touched the palette yet the colour on my tips was so intense, they're packed with pigment. 

prestigious Bordeaux palette swatches


prestigious Bordeaux palette swatches

(Top with flash,  Bottom no flash)

As you can see the shadows swatch true to colour. This particular palette caught my eyes as all the shadows are fantastic for enhancing green eyes .
I have created a look using this palette (below) however I left it too late and could not find good enough lighting to show it up properly. I will therefore add another post using this palette when I have taken photos in daylight.

purple and gold eyeshadow

purple and gold eyeshadow

I used the gold shade over the lid with the bronze on the outer corner, I then used the deep purple shade through the crease and intensified this with MAC Nocturnelle. I used the purple shade on my bottom lash line and Avon Supershock gel liner on tightline and waterline. I applied gold glitter over the lid mixed with Illamasqua sealing gel to keep it in place and prevent fall out. Finally I lined the top lashline with Clinique brush on cream liner in black and finished with 2 coats of Maybellines The Falsies.

Overall Rating: 5/5 (I adore this palette)

Have you used Shu Uemura products?  What shall I try next?

Happy New Year Everybody,  I wish you love, luck and happiness for 2013 xxx



4 comments:

  1. Oh wow, those colours look beautiful. I saw this and didn;t give it much attention but wish I had now! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is gorgeous my bad photography really doesn't do it justice. The shades would be so pretty on your skintone too x

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow all the colours look amaze-balls! xx

    ReplyDelete